Car Insurance Quotes
What Information Will I Need?
Your time is important, and we'll try to get you through the quote process as quickly as possible. In many cases we can fill your vehicle information in automatically based on public records, but to make things easier, it's best if you have the following information nearby:
- Your current policy (if you have one) – this is helpful as a reference so you know what coverages you currently have
- Driving record information from the last five years (including accidents, violations and claims) for all drivers you'd like included on your policy
- Driver's license number(s)
- Your car's make, model and year, as well as its Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- The odometer reading for each car you'd like an insurance quote for
- The location where your vehicles are typically parked
What Factors Will Affect My Rate?
When you request an auto insurance quote online, there are three major factors when your rate is calculated:
- Your Vehicle: The more expensive a car is to repair or replace, the more it costs to insure. Your vehicle's safety features can help lower your auto insurance quote, as can how often you drive the car and what type of driving it's used for (business or personal).
- Your Address: Where you live and park your vehicle will affect your auto insurance quote.
- Your Driving Record: Having fewer incidents such as accidents, moving violations or claims in your driving record will help lower your rate.
If you already have a car insurance policy and are comparing new car insurance quotes to determine what is best for you, make sure that you are comparing similar coverage, limits and deductible amounts. In most cases Liberty Mutual can provide multiple car insurance quotes, any of which can be customized to meet your car insurance needs.
What Coverage is Best for Me?
When purchasing a car insurance policy, you want to make sure that you're getting the coverage you need to fit your specific situation. You can learn more in our Car Insurance Coverage
section. If you're not sure what type of coverage you need, try using our Car Insurance Coverage Calculator
. This easy-to-use tool lets you review different levels of auto insurance coverage to help you determine what best fits your needs.
You want to know more or to negotiate a deal?